CCS Annual Spelling Bee
- Kindergarten will not participate in the spelling bee.
- Grades 1 and 2 will conduct classroom spelling bees for practice but will not advance to the schoolwide spelling bee. The schoolwide spelling bee will include an acknowledgement of the winners from 1st and 2nd grades.
- Grades 3-8 will participate in classroom spelling bees with the top 4 winners from each grade advancing to the schoolwide spelling bee.
- The winner of the schoolwide spelling bee will advance to the The 25th Annual Downeast North Carolina Regional Spelling Bee in Washington, NC. (According to regional spelling bee rules, only fourth graders or above can compete, so if our winner is a third grader he or she will be honored and the runner-up will advance to the regional level.)
Classwide spelling bees: January 22 - 26
Schoolwide spelling bee for top four spellers in each grade 3-8: February 9
- Washington NC Regional spelling bee: March 10
Study Words for Class Competition
- 1st Grade Study Words
- 2nd Grade Study Words
- 3rd Grade Study Words
- 4th Grade Study Words
- 5th Grade Study Words
- 6th Grade Study Words
- 7th Grade Study Words
- 8th Grade Study Words
School-Wide Spelling Bee Preparation