Academic Enrichment Program (CCS-AEP)
CCS strives to serve the needs of all our students to ensure academic progress and success. In addition to the differentiated instruction provided by the classroom teacher, CCS, through its Academic Enrichment Program, provides targeted assistance services implemented by certified personnel who will work with students in one-on-one, small group, and inclusion settings. Sessions are scheduled to limit the interruption of content instruction provided by the regular grade level teacher. Other services may include screening and diagnostic assessment, classroom observations, and other designated support services as needed. The CCS Academic Enrichment Program is an integrated effort that is reflective of our school’s philosophy and curriculum.
The CCS-AEP/CA offers the following:
- Certified personnel who work closely with the students, parents, and teachers.
- Small teacher to student ratio for optimal effectiveness.
- Liaison services coordinating efforts between administration, faculty, outside agencies, and families.
- Research-based support, strategy training, and study skills instruction.
- Progress monitoring and documentation through parent/teacher contact.
- Assistance in interpreting diagnostic reports and test assessments to develop an appropriate instructional focus.
- If needed, coordination of determinations regarding classroom and testing accommodations. Accommodations are supports and services provided to help a student access the school’s curriculum and to validly demonstrate learning. While the content of the curriculum is not altered, the presentation, response, setting, or timing and scheduling may be considered. Minor accommodations for children with a mild disability/exceptionality may be made on a case by case basis as approved by the Head of School, with input from the Lower School Principal, Academic Dean, child’s teachers, and/or educational specialists.