At Christ Covenant School, we believe that parent involvement is one of the foundations of the strength of our school. PSF is a volunteer organization providing support and fundraising to our school, and would not be possible without the generous support of our CCS family. All parents of enrolled CCS students are encouraged to participate in various service, social, and fundraising events, with various levels of time commitments. We look forward to your support and participation!
CCS Parent Involvement Committees and Volunteer Opportunities
Teacher Appreciation Committee (TAC)– This group works together to plan, organize and oversee staff events and encouragement throughout the year.
Room Moms– This program assists classroom teachers with items or services they may need, as well as coordinating class parties, and facilitating family participation.
Hot Lunch Helpers– Volunteer to help onsite to sort and serve hot lunch meals at the lower school campus.
Field Day– CCS annual Lower School Field Day (May) needs many volunteers to assist on this fun day to run and direct events, awards, snacks, volunteer information and more!
Student Life Committee– This committee assists our Student Life Coordinator to help students and parents get involved in community projects and school events.
Office Assistance– Assist and coordinate volunteers at the Upper School as front desk secretary.
Lost and Found– Upper School and Lower School. Arrange for donation of items that remain unclaimed in the lost and found.
Grandparents Day– Plan, organize and oversee this annual event. It is a day to celebrate our heritage and honor our Grandparents.
Decorating– Volunteers help our school community look festive for holidays and events.
Recycling Service– Provides assistance and support to maintain and improve our school recycling efforts.
Gardening/School Beautification– Helps maintain the flower beds and pots around the CCS school signs and front entrances.
Moms in Prayer– Join other moms, grandmothers, and friends once a week to pray for our school community.
Picture Day Assistance– Volunteer to help organize and ready our students and staff for their individual, class, and sports team pictures.
- Fall Festival– A fun outdoor event for the entire school with games, prizes, races, food and more. This event is planned and executed by the current senior class and families. Proceeds from the event benefit their senior trip.
- Raise $ While You Shop– Click here for details about ways to support CCS through shopping with Harris Teeter, Amazon Smile, Publix, and Office Depot. Thank you for all your help to support CCS!
Plan, organize and oversee the following fellowship events:
- Chicken Dinner – A time of fellowship, early-morning grilling, and filling plates on a scheduled morning in November. Dinners are for sale and are prepared to-go for pickup or dine-in at the Upper School.
- Block Party Lego Competition– An opportunity for students to solve problems using legos in a fun and competitive atmosphere.
- Pizza Bingo– A family friendly event of pizza, bingo and prizes.
The co-curricular and extra curricular activities offered at Christ Covenant are designed to enrich the lives of each student, cultivating mind and soul through athletics, arts, community involvement, and social activities. Please let us know if you have a talent or opportunity to offer to our students.
- Upper School Clubs meet for a designated period during the school day or before school.
- Lower School Clubs meet before or after school.
Please contact Regan Waters if you have experience to offer the school in the area of grant writing.
The PSF Executive Committee meets to plan school events, discuss new ideas and brainstorm improvements. There are many openings on the Executive Committee to coordinate specific events. If you are interested in serving in this capacity, we would love to have you join us.
In addition, every PSF and school event needs many volunteers. As a member of our school family, we would love to have you serve in any of these areas throughout the year. Watch for sign-ups, via email, throughout the year.